What are Minute Meetings?
Ms. Barber tries to meet 6th & 7th grade students individually each year in for a "Minute Meeting." These meetings are beneficial for many reasons:
- School counselors don't always get a chance to speak individually to students. These meetings provide opportunities for her to get to know each of the students she serves.
- Students become aware that the school counselor is a support person they can turn to in school if needed.
- Counselor will get student perceptions on school, personal/social relationships and future goals.
- Counselor may become aware of students who need support and or situations that need to be addressed.
- Every student receives 1:1 positive attention.