Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Contest
Amount of Awards: 500 four-year scholarships ranging from $1,000/yr to $12,500/yr
Eligibility: Current high school seniors pursuing a four-year degree on a full-time basis at a U.S. college or university next school year
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020
The Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship
Amount of Awards:(3) $10,000
Selection Criteria: Students will be evaluated on their leadership, citizenship, school and community involvement, and academic achievement. In addition, students will be evaluated on their ability to clearly articulate goals in each of four areas: future educational goals, personal life goals, community/society service goals, and career goals.
Required: Application and three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation will be evaluated on how well they describe the student's improvements, contributions, and successes. Letters may be from a current or previous year's teacher, counselor, or principal.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
National Honor Society Scholarship
The application process opens on Thursday, October 1 at 9 a.m. (ET).
- Must be a current high school senior graduating with the class of 2021
- Must be an active NHS member in good standing with a verified student account
- Must be enrolled at a school with an active NHS chapter
- Must be planning to enroll at a U.S. college or university in Fall, 2021
How to Apply
- NHS Members must create a student account before they can access the NHS Scholarship application.
- The NHS adviser must verify the student’s membership before the student can begin the application.
- Important: Applicants should not attempt to access the application until they receive confirmation that their adviser has verified their account.
- Verified NHS members may start the NHS Scholarship Application beginning on October 1.
- All applications must be accompanied by one recommendation and certification by the NHS adviser by the deadline in order to be considered complete. Incomplete applications are not evaluated.
View detailed information in the NHS Scholarship Application Guides:
- NHS Scholarship Application Overview
- NHS Scholarship Student Application Guide – All applicants should read and download this guide prior to starting the application process.
- NHS Scholarship Adviser Guide
- NHS Scholarship Recommender Guide – Applicants should share this guide with their selected recommender.
- NHS Scholarship Application process opens: Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 9 a.m. (ET)
- NHS Scholarship Deadline: Tuesday, December 1 at 5 p.m. (ET).
- Award Selection Notification: April 2021
- Scholarship acceptance or deferral request deadline: July 1, 2021
- Scholarship Disbursement: Checks are mailed in early August 2021.
1 National Winner – $25,000 scholarship
24 national finalists – $5,625 scholarship
575 national semifinalists – $3,200 scholarship
Total scholarships awarded: 600
Total scholarship distribution: $2 million
The Polish Heritage Awareness Society
Amount of Awards: (3) $1500. (5) $1000, (10) $500
Application Required: Can be downloaded from the Polish Heritage Awareness Society website www.polishheritageawareness.com and mailed to Polish Heritage Awareness Society, P.O.Box 726, Stevens Point, WI 54481 or emailed to email@example.com
Application Deadline: September 8, 2020 Deadline passed
- "The 25 Best Scholarships In Wisconsin"
- Fastweb Scholarship Search Site
- NHS Scholar Dollars A scholarship search tool powered by College Board for National Honor Society Members
- Senior Brag Sheet (You would fill this out and give it to any staff member whom you ask to write you a letter of recommendation. The information helps us to write about you.)